I was pleasantly surprised to find myself tagged in a blog post written by Julie Chickery of Chickery’s Travels this week. Julie has challenged me to answer 11 questions, and then write my own questions for 11 other bloggers. This really is a challenge, because I’m not the introspective type, and I have a poor memory. (There, now you will have learned 13 things about me if you read to the end!)
The Blue Sky Tag Challenge is an “award” given by fellow bloggers to some of their favorite blogs. So it’s an honor to be asked. Here are the questions Julie chose, and my answers.
- What fictional universe would you want to live in? Shoot, most of the fictional universes I’ve read about or seen on TV are SciFi and full of thousands of ways to die. I’ll have to think on that one. Maybe one in which animals could talk? Or possibly Terry Pratchett’s DiscWorld or Piers Anthony’s world of Xanth.
- What would be your patronus? A hedgehog. It’s small and prickly and generally wants to be left alone.
- If you have a tattoo, what is it? If you don’t, and had to get one, what would it be? I do not have any tattoos. I started a Pinterest board to explore themes, but that’s as far as it’s gone. Anything permanently added to my body will take a loooooong thought process!
- What is your favorite quote? “Not all those who wander are lost.” because it speaks to my passion for travel and it’s short enough to remember.
- What is the favorite place you’ve visited, and why? So far it would have to be Hawaii. I loved the casual island feel coupled with the diversity of biology and climate. I really didn’t want to return home.
- Where are you planning to travel next? We are headed to the Black Hills of South Dakota for the month of September.
- What is your favorite garden? My favorite garden would be the vegetable garden I created at our house in Michigan. It was a fantastic feeling to eat food that I had grown myself.
- If you could eat anything for your next meal, what would it be? Right this moment I feel like fried chicken and maybe some crab legs with butter. Neither of which is in the cards.
- If you could go to any point in history to witness it for yourself, when and where would that be? Oh boy. Anywhere but Pompeii! Seriously, how about an original performance of Shakespeare’s works at the original Globe Theatre. Or when the last spike was hammered home for the transcontinental railroad. Moses parting the Red Sea would be awe-inspiring, but the rest of that trip was tragic.
- What book are you reading right now, or what was the most recent book you read? Just finished re-reading a Neil Gaiman novel and an Alan Alda autobiography. And I downloaded another 30+ free Kindle books today, mostly science fiction and fantasy. My reading is pretty
- What reality or TV series is your guilty pleasure? I used to watch Hoarders. Made me feel righteous enough to put off cleaning the house for another day.
Should you choose to accept this
task honor, please answer the following questions on your own blog, then add a reply at the end of this post. Nominate 11 bloggers, and formulate 11 questions for them on your own blog. (I wonder how many folks will be asked to do this multiple times!) For those who co-write blogs, please indicate who is answering each question.
–> If you were not nominated, or don’t have a blog, but still want to play along feel free to answer these in the comments section below.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- Do you have pets? Please describe them.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?
- What factored into your decision to write a blog?
- When was the last time you did something that scared you, and what was it?
- What moment in your life would you like to do-over?
- Did you grow up in a traditional household (mom, dad, 2.2 kids, family dog)?
- How do you choose which books to read or movies to watch?
- Can you speak multiple languages?
- What advice or feedback can you give me on my blog?
*(It was so hard to choose just 11! All wonderful people with a message to share.)
- Peter, of Life Unscripted
- Pamela, of Astrogypsies
- Tracy, of Camper Chronicles
- David, of Adopting Fatherhood
- Victoria, of Heart of the Journey
- Ingrid of Live Laugh RV
- Teresa, of the Wandering Porcupine
- Kathleen, of KathleenHowell.com
- Lorrie, of Animals Unfolded
- Kerensa and Brandon of Drive, Dive, Devour
- Loren, of Willing, Wanting, Waiting
Thanks for reading and participating! I’m really curious to see the responses.