I was pleasantly surprised to find myself tagged in a blog post written by Julie Chickery of Chickery’s Travels this week. Julie has challenged me to answer 11 questions, and then write my own questions for 11 other bloggers. This really is a challenge, because I’m not the introspective type, and I have a poor memory. (There, now you will have learned 13 things about me if you read to the end!)
The Blue Sky Tag Challenge is an “award” given by fellow bloggers to some of their favorite blogs. So it’s an honor to be asked. Here are the questions Julie chose, and my answers.
- What fictional universe would you want to live in? Shoot, most of the fictional universes I’ve read about or seen on TV are SciFi and full of thousands of ways to die. I’ll have to think on that one. Maybe one in which animals could talk? Or possibly Terry Pratchett’s DiscWorld or Piers Anthony’s world of Xanth.
- What would be your patronus? A hedgehog. It’s small and prickly and generally wants to be left alone.
- If you have a tattoo, what is it? If you don’t, and had to get one, what would it be? I do not have any tattoos. I started a Pinterest board to explore themes, but that’s as far as it’s gone. Anything permanently added to my body will take a loooooong thought process!
- What is your favorite quote? “Not all those who wander are lost.” because it speaks to my passion for travel and it’s short enough to remember.
- What is the favorite place you’ve visited, and why? So far it would have to be Hawaii. I loved the casual island feel coupled with the diversity of biology and climate. I really didn’t want to return home.
- Where are you planning to travel next? We are headed to the Black Hills of South Dakota for the month of September.
- What is your favorite garden? My favorite garden would be the vegetable garden I created at our house in Michigan. It was a fantastic feeling to eat food that I had grown myself.
- If you could eat anything for your next meal, what would it be? Right this moment I feel like fried chicken and maybe some crab legs with butter. Neither of which is in the cards.
- If you could go to any point in history to witness it for yourself, when and where would that be? Oh boy. Anywhere but Pompeii! Seriously, how about an original performance of Shakespeare’s works at the original Globe Theatre. Or when the last spike was hammered home for the transcontinental railroad. Moses parting the Red Sea would be awe-inspiring, but the rest of that trip was tragic.
- What book are you reading right now, or what was the most recent book you read? Just finished re-reading a Neil Gaiman novel and an Alan Alda autobiography. And I downloaded another 30+ free Kindle books today, mostly science fiction and fantasy. My reading is pretty
- What reality or TV series is your guilty pleasure? I used to watch Hoarders. Made me feel righteous enough to put off cleaning the house for another day.
Should you choose to accept this
task honor, please answer the following questions on your own blog, then add a reply at the end of this post. Nominate 11 bloggers, and formulate 11 questions for them on your own blog. (I wonder how many folks will be asked to do this multiple times!) For those who co-write blogs, please indicate who is answering each question.
–> If you were not nominated, or don’t have a blog, but still want to play along feel free to answer these in the comments section below.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- Do you have pets? Please describe them.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?
- What factored into your decision to write a blog?
- When was the last time you did something that scared you, and what was it?
- What moment in your life would you like to do-over?
- Did you grow up in a traditional household (mom, dad, 2.2 kids, family dog)?
- How do you choose which books to read or movies to watch?
- Can you speak multiple languages?
- What advice or feedback can you give me on my blog?
*(It was so hard to choose just 11! All wonderful people with a message to share.)
- Peter, of Life Unscripted
- Pamela, of Astrogypsies
- Tracy, of Camper Chronicles
- David, of Adopting Fatherhood
- Victoria, of Heart of the Journey
- Ingrid of Live Laugh RV
- Teresa, of the Wandering Porcupine
- Kathleen, of KathleenHowell.com
- Lorrie, of Animals Unfolded
- Kerensa and Brandon of Drive, Dive, Devour
- Loren, of Willing, Wanting, Waiting
Thanks for reading and participating! I’m really curious to see the responses.
oh, I love your questions. I’d enjoy answering some of those. Makes mine seem mundane. good job.
LOL thanks! I probably should have taken a little longer to think through both my answers and the questions.
Oh shoot, you nominated me too! I’m so flattered that mine is one of your 6 blogs! Um, here goes:
1)What is the place you’ve visited that impressed you the most on this incredible continent where we live? Las Vegas. It’s a huge folly and environmentally unstable, but man has built an oasis in the desert that is one of the top vacation spots in the country. Can’t help but be impressed.
2)How did you choose your blog hosting site? Um, everybody else was doing it? Seriously., WordPress seems more flexible and modern than blogger. I also love the reader aspect of WordPress, which allows me to read the posts of the blogs I follow all in one place, as they are published.
3)Are you encouraging vendors to advertise on your space? Nope, not yet.
4)Do you find writing comes easy when you sit down to blog or do you have to struggle to get things to write about? Both. I have 14 drafts started but not finished!
5)Where is your favorite place to write your blog? or do you even have one? Do you need one? Our kitchen table is also my desk. I’d love to be able to take the laptop outside to the picnic table or the recliner but the posture just doesn’t work for my back.
6)Have you ever had hurtful comments on any post? If so, how did it make you feel? Not on my blog yet. I have had critical comments when I post on social media. I agonize over them but try not to escalate.
7)What is the best compliment you’ve had on your blog? Followers! 😊
8)Do your encounters along the way inspire you to sing? to write about what a song is saying? Nope. I only sing along when the radio’s playing (loudly).
9)Who was the biggest influence in your life? My mother.
10)Is the photography on your blog a passion or just there because, like me? Humans are visual creatures. I hope that my blog posts carry the story without photography, but sometimes you need a leading image to draw attention, or illustrate the story. And of course the photos are usually the focus of a travel blog.
11)What would be your ultimate vacation? I can’t pin that down. I have not traveled internationally, and I love seeing how people from other cultures live. So taking a year (or two!) to travel around the world would be awesome.
1. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Time travel. History has always intrigued me, and it would be awesome to travel back in time and experience some of it.
2. Do you have pets? Please describe them. I don’t currently have pets, but twice in my childhood I had a German Shepherd. The first was Max. He was protective, calm and patient. And then there as Alex. He was hyper, clingy and mischievious. Loved them both!
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I’ve never longed to live anywhere other than where I am. I love Michigan – it’s home.
4. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Neither! Both are evil!
5. What factored into your decision to write a blog? I started a blog many years ago, bit it never quite took off.
6. When was the last time you did something that scared you, and what was it? I really haven’t done anything that scared me. Which I see as a negative. Feels like I haven’t really lived.
7. What moment in your life would you like to do-over? College. If I could do it over, I would have lived away from home for college.
8. Did you grow up in a traditional household (mom, dad, 2.2 kids, family dog)? I did! My mom stayed home, one brother and one sister, and a dog. But then divorce shattered everything.
9. How do you choose which books to read or movies to watch? I don’t like to read anything too heavy, so I usually look to the current fiction best-seller list.
10. Can you speak multiple languages? No. Wish I could speak Spanish and French.
11. What advice or feedback can you give me on my blog? To keep writing! We worked together for a while, bit theoguh your blog I’m discovering how alike we are. Who knew?! 😊
Thanks Leslie! Clever answer on #1 – I would not have thought of that. I can’t decide between flying, being invisible, or morphing. 🙂
I love your patrons! I also loved hoarders, but it had the opposite effect on me. It sent me into spring cleaning mode lest I become one myself!
Thanks for thinking of me and the nomination. I feel honored to be included in this group of bloggers 😁
I’m going to try to answer your questions but not sure if I have 11 bloggers to send mine of too;)hahahaha!But I’ve gotten to know a few more through your nominations:)
1) If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Atmokenisis-my astronomer husband would never have a cloudy night, or day again:)
2) Do you have pets? Please describe them.
oh dear, more like 4 footed children:) a 17 year old Burmese, Beezil who gallops about like 3 year old and his rooting tooting year old counterpart, Groot, the orange tabby barn kitten, I have a books worth of describing them but needless to say, they rock!
3) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
everywhere…I could never live in just one place. I spent 10 years of my youth living on a sailboat, sailing around the world, can’t pick…I haven’t seen all the world yet!
4) Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?
OMG…Mayo of course…no miracles needed
5) What factored into your decision to write a blog?
I like pretty pictures, and making them:)
6) When was the last time you did something that scared you, and what was it?
This is tough, not much scares me anymore…I voted, and it was not enough to stop the orange buffoon in power now…that scares me.
7) What moment in your life would you like to do-over?
Not a single one
8) Did you grow up in a traditional household (mom, dad, 2.2 kids, family dog)?
hahahahaha! Mom sailing around the world alone with her three kids and various hitchhikers for 10 years, traditional if you are Jack Sparrow and live on a pirate ship;) two cats by the way…and lots of budgies, they don’t live long, especially when the cats stalk them 24 hours a day, budgies with high blood pressure;)
9) How do you choose which books to read or movies to watch?
chance, choice and referral:)
10) Can you speak multiple languages?
yes, English, a bit, Spanish and French. Still remeber a bit of Tahitian and creole as well:)
11) What advice or feedback can you give me on my blog?
Keep doing what you’re doing:)